Monday, April 15, 2013

When Is Being Lazy Good

I find being lazy these days good for me. The word itself may always imply negativity but when you associate that word on things like how you can save money or how you can live a more frugal life, being lazy is really good! So, start being lazy :)

Crazy?

Here's why I am not crazy when I said start being lazy to live a successful frugal life:

Instance #1:

Working so hard can make you feel so tired at the end of your week. During your rest days, you just want to pig out, sit and relax (unfortunately, this may just apply to single woman like me :(  ). When you see the pile of your clothes you need to wash, it is like they are a big sad face begging you to wash them. Your left and right brain is going to start debating whether you are going to wash them or not. Or, just go to the laundry store to have them do this chore for you.

This is where my right and left brain starts debating again. If I go to the laundry shop, I will need to walk ten blocks from my place. That is a lot of walking! Then I'll get all sweaty or I'll get hungry and I'll buy a food on my way home. Aside from the fact that I already paid for the laundry shop of the chore I should have been doing. And I might also get a cab if I am too tired to walk my way home. Did I just spent 300 pesos for just an hour? That is already my budget for two days!

And yeah, with all those stuff, I gotten lazy already. So, I started to set up everything. The stool, the brush, the soap, the fabric conditioner, the pales and everything you need for manually washing your clothes. The part of just brushing of the clothes already gives your biceps some hard work. Plus, you were able to save 300 pesos worth of expenses.

(I do handwashing because I am really trying to save on the electricity bills - just in case you are curious why I do that!)

Instance #2:

Shopping is every woman's theraphy - even when she's sad or happy. I may not be a big fan of buying after shopping -- I do window shop though. Most of the times, looking back, eating at some not so cheap restaurant is my thing! I am guilty when I say I am taking pictures of everywhere I go - to document my memories just in case I had an early Alzheimer's (I hope not!).

I work in a place where everything around is me is not cheap. I cannot find a single meal which is cheaper than 50 pesos. Prices all starts there. So, what can I expect with the shopping and all? It'll slash out all my payroll salary!

Good thing is that my workplace is like 30 or more blocks to where I live - and I am not gonna walk that far to shop!The shopping malls are not literally near my place. I need to ride a cab or trike to go there. Thank goodness! I love to walk going to work, don't get me wrong! But if I am going to walk just to go the shopping mall and then walk for three hours just looking around and shop for anything -- I'll just stay home: sleep, watch my favorite cable shows or movies, do scribblings and read all my unread books / magazines in the house!

How much did I saved? Maybe 500 to 1000 pesos. That's how I spent then when I am going shopping for a day! Now, it is just a thing of the past.

There's still a lot of scenarios. This post might have a part 2 to 100. Just sit back and be FRUGAL.



No comments:

Post a Comment