Wednesday, May 15, 2013

First Year of Independence

It was last year when we decided to sold our house in Quezon City. My sister also decided to live with my parents along with her children.

As for me, I decided to live alone. I rent a small space that my brother has up on their house. There is no special treatment here. He has his own family so I have to pay the rent. Of course, I am willing to do it.

I am quite excited but I already know that the way to living independently is not a walk in the park. The obligatory share to my parents, the house rent, the monthly fare, the food in the house and in the office - I have already listed it down. Let me not forget that at this time, I still have my PLDT broadband connection.

The first few months were such a struggle. Aside from the expected expenses I have mentioned above, I still have an existing loan for another six months so my mind is thinking - can I survive before my salary day?

Yes, I told myself, you can do that.

My source of income does not just come from my regular day job. I am also into oDesk. Plus, I know that there are other jobs I can do outside of my company - if I am just going to be persistent and determined to do it.

To make the story short, yes, it has been a year. I was able to survive. There were sleepless nights. After work, I still have to work additional hours for my other "sideline" jobs in oDesk. It was not easy. But it was all worth it. This is one thing that they told me before that I cannot do but i was able to.

I know I do not how to cook. But the first time I did it, I know for a fact, that I am not just used to doing it. But once I did, I did it right. Maybe it is just my laziness or someone else in our house, my mom, is doing this chore for us.

The only time you know how far you can bend are those times that you were tried and tested. When you did, there's that little grin forming in your lips. In your mind, you're saying, I did it!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment