Friday, February 15, 2013

Saving Tip #1: 100 Pesos Challenge

This one depends on your daily expenses to and from work. Mine, I can do that at 50 pesos but that will be eliminating the food and making sure that you have a packed lunch. For me, I am not doing that yet because I do not know how to cook and I also do not want to always eat fried hotdog, egg or whatsoever at work - talk about being healthy. It is not. But I am getting my way there.

The trick is first, live a basic life. Second, stick to your basic expenses.

How do I do that?

You need food to eat, air to breathe and of course a dress to wear. Plus your footwear, of course. Then, there is the fare to and from work. Let us stop here. You've got the basic needs. What else do you need? For others, if ever they need a money in case of emergency. However, emergencies are not an everyday thing. So, why think about it? And please, always think positive.

I always make sure to eat in a food court near our office. There is a restaurant where I can already spend 60 pesos for my food. The food serves two viands: any viands and the other one is a veggie meal. So, you can choose another veggie meal, seafood or meaty foods. It comes with a drink. Enough for you not to choke for choosing a very cheap meal for the day.

I still have 40 pesos on my pocket, right?

From our village, I can spend 7 pesos to reach the trike station to get me to the office. well, near the office. But, I can walk my way to the trike station provided that I walk up early so I can afford to walk without being late. So, I saved 7 pesos. I still have 40 pesos, right?

From the trike station, I have to pay 9 pesos. Now, this is quite far so this is really part of the fare everyday. This is also my way to go back to the front of the village. Now, I only have 22 pesos.

Going back to the village, I can choose to ride another trike that will cost me 14 pesos or just walk. Why not a little form of exercise? Walking is good for you. Aside from the fact that it is an early evening walk. Between 6PM-7PM. Not bad and still not scary, right?

At the end of it, I saved 22 pesos everyday. I already saved 5,000 pesos more in a year. The next thing you need to do is to stick to this kind of lifestyle everyday.

What about the snacks?

It is part of my grocery to buy snacks that I can bring in the office everyday. A bread or crackers will do. A 3-in-one coffee or any drink as your additional everyday survival is allowed.

Is it still bad?

Any other excuses?

What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment